Urgent Care in San Francisco
When you’re sick or have a minor injury, the last thing you want to do is waste many hours sitting in a crowded walk-in clinic or emergency department waiting room. You want:
- Friendly help on the phone to figure out what to do next;
- A prompt, convenient appointment;
- Thorough and expert medical attention;
- Unbiased advice about potential tests and treatments;
- The very best specialist referrals if you need them;
- Seamless follow-through to make sure you get better.
Convenient and Expert Medical Care in Downtown San Francisco
My Doctor Medical Group offers the best possible medical care in a comfortable professional setting. Our modern offices are centrally located in downtown San Francisco just off Union Square, in the historic 450 Sutter building. We take a “high tech, high touch” approach, using the latest technology to allow our doctors to practice at the top of their ability, spend the right amount of time to help you solve your problem, and explain what’s happening every step of the way.
Read more about our Medical Director, Paul Abramson MD. After training at Stanford and UCSF and working in a wide variety of clinics and hospitals, he designed My Doctor Medical Group to provide the kind of care he wished were available to his own family and loved ones.
Call Us to Make an Appointment: (415) 963-4431
The Urgent Care Experience – What to Expect
My Doctor Medical Group provides same-day and next-day “urgent care” access for new or existing patients. We can help you with acute illness, minor injuries, preventive care, house call medicine, vaccinations, referrals to top specialists, all the way up to inpatient hospital care if needed.
We start with a thorough history and physical examination. We not only deal with simple issues, but also frequently treat the most complex of medical problems. So we can help:
- Determine how serious your issue is;
- Reassure you that we have thought about all the possibilities before coming to a diagnosis and treatment plan;
- Assess and value your priorities and needs;
- Help you navigate the costs of tests and treatments we order or prescribe;
- Guide you safely through the complex health care system as needed.
In addition to the initial examination, we can help you arrange any needed tests or treatments that might be necessary.
- Laboratory tests can be drawn on-site;
- X-rays, ultrasounds, CT scans, MRI scans, and other imaging can be arranged off-site with attention to quality and cost;
- Medications can often be dispensed or administered in our office, or prescribed to a pharmacy;
- Simple office procedures can be done on site;
- When needed, we consult with and refer to top specialists and tertiary care facilities;
- Our physicians have admitting privileges at California Pacific Medical Center (http://cpmc NULL.org), San Francisco’s best private hospital.
No Insurance? No Problem.
We are a fee-for-service medical practice, which allows us to provide the most timely, expert and comprehensive care, while working directly for you. We are “out of network” for commercial insurance, but have a billing service that can submit claims for you to your insurance company, or provide you with the necessary codes and forms to seek reimbursement directly. Many foreign travel insurance companies will reimburse most or all of our fees. Click Here for More Information about Payment.
Hours of Operation
- Office Visits: Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm – closed on holidays.
- House Calls and After-Hours Services: Please call for availability and fees.
To Schedule an Appointment or for More Information
Call us today on (415) 963-4431 or send us an email enquiry.