Quant Coach Program
We are pioneering a new model of health care at My Doctor Medical Group:
Medically Supervised Quant Coaching.
We offer a dynamic team approach to health care, involving a physician, a Quant Coach, and other specialists as needed.
- Utilize advanced self-tracking technology, not available to the public, to measure and improve your health and lifestyle.
- After an initial physician evaluation, review your data regularly with a Quant Coach who provides feedback and helps keep you on track.
- Rest assured that your self-tracking projects are closely supervised by UCSF and Stanford-trained physician, Dr. Paul Abramson, the Quantified Doctor, who is available for medical consultation along the way.
- Our Registered Dietitian is available to add medical nutrition therapy expertise and supervise nutritional aspects of each individual’s program.
- Have full access to laboratory and medical diagnostic testing and monitoring as appropriate.
- Design and carry out your own personal self-tracking and health experiments with the support of a collaborative team of experts.
- Develop your own narrative of your health, and refine it by measuring how your system actually works as you make important changes.
- This is the most advanced and effective format of medical care that we are aware of.
Benefits of Quant Coaching
- Take control of your own health and wellness, with support and feedback.
- Increase self-awareness.
- Develop healthy habits.
- Figure out what nutritional approach works best for you.
- Lose weight and optimize body composition, if you need to.
- Medical care with meticulous attention to detail unavailable in other settings.
- Medically supervised self-experimentation.
- Discover how diet, environment and lifestyle actually affect your physiology and well-being by measuring and tracking yourself.
- Weekly one-hour sessions with a Quant Coach.
- Access to new self-tracking technology not available elsewhere.
- Abundant guidance, encouragement and support to help you improve your own health and quality of life.
What is a Quant Coach?
A Quant Coach is a member of your health care team who helps with the practical task of getting baseline data on your health, setting up personal health experiments, and motivating you to stay on track through regular feedback sessions. The Quant Coach is closely supervised by the Quantified Doctor (http://quantdoctor NULL.com), Paul Abramson MD, and can mobilize whatever resources are necessary to help you meet your goals.
What is Involved?
- Initial 45-60 minute history and physical exam by Dr. Abramson.
- Ongoing self tracking using a variety of custom sensors and apps.
- Initial 8-12 week program of medically supervised Quant Coaching, one hour in-person or by Skype each week.
- Review of situation with Dr. Abramson as needed, or when medically relevant issues arise.
- Integrative medical care available throughout as needed and desired, including a full range of diagnostic testing and medical treatment if appropriate.
- Wrap up and planning for next steps at the end of your initial program.
Cutting edge self-tracking technology
We help our quant coach patients choose the best of available technology to carry
out their self-tracking projects, some of which is not commercially available and is available only to coaching participants.
Predictable costs for laboratory testing.
Patients of My Doctor Medical Group can also benefit from our contracted pricing with national reference laboratories. Those without insurance, or with high deductibles, benefit from our low contracted lab costs that are transparent and known in advance of ordering the tests. This allows us to closely monitor markers of inflammation, lipid subtyping, and other important measures of metabolic health. In many cases those with PPO insurance can have labs covered by their insurance with the reference lab, even though our medical practices is out of network for physician services.
Sign up now. We’re here to help.
Some medical services may qualify for out-of-network PPO insurance reimbursement directly to you. Laboratory testing may qualify for insurance coverage if you have a PPO.
We have limited space in our pilot program. Call us at (415) 963-4431 to sign up or for more information.