What Does it Mean That We Are “Out-of-Network” for Insurance?
We are a fee-for-service medical practice and are considered an out-of-network provider for all commercial insurance. Our patients pay us for services at the time we render them. Our biller can then submit a claim electronically to your insurance company “out of network” on your behalf, or give you an itemized receipt to submit yourself. How much you will recover depends on your insurance policy terms and deductibles, but can be as much as 70-100% for PPO insurance or 100% for international travelers insurance and out-of-area HMOs. We suggest you check your insurance policy to see what your out of network benefits are.
Reasons to Choose a Direct Medical Practice
There are many advantages of choosing a practice like ours.
- We work directly for you, not for insurance companies or any other third parties, which allows us to provide the best possible medical care, with attention to customer service and privacy;
- Our doctors and experts can take the time to listen deeply to your concerns and customize the treatment plan to your individual needs and preferences;
- We provide a wide range of services, at a high level of training and expertise.
- No more long waits or rushed visits. Our average waiting time in the office is under 2 minutes;
- We are available when and where you need us. Same-day appointments are often available;
- We can make house calls when needed;
- Our doctors can directly admit patients to the hospital, without the need for an ER visit;
- We can be flexible about providing services (when medically appropriate) via telephone, secure e-mail, and Skype;
- If you have PPO insurance our biller can submit claims on your behalf, so you can get reimbursed later;
- We are cost effective. By taking the time to get to know you, and by being available to you when you need us, we can get you healthy faster and target tests and treatments to your actual needs.
To Schedule an Appointment or for More Information
Call us today on (415) 963-4431 or send us an email enquiry.