Urgent Care in San Francisco
Do you need to be seen today in San Francisco for an urgent health concern?
We are here to help. My Doctor Medical Group provides same-day and next-day “urgent care” access to best-case medical care for new or existing patients. Depending on your needs, we can also provide any needed preventive care, hospital care, house call medicine, and referrals to top specialists.
We’ve got your back. We not only deal with simple issues, but also frequently treat the most complex of medical problems. So we can help you determine how serious your issue is, and reassure you that we have thought about all the possibilities before coming to a diagnosis and treatment plan. We take a collaborative approach and take your preferences and circumstances into account. We are also extremely aware of the costs of tests or treatment we might order or prescribe, and can help you navigate the complex health care system.
Laboratory tests can be drawn on-site. X-rays, ultrasounds, CT scans, MRI scans, and other imaging can be arranged with attention to quality and cost. Medications can be dispensed or administered in our office, or prescribed at a pharmacy. We can perform simple office procedures, and refer to top specialists for more complex needs.
We work by appointment only. Please call us at 415-963-4431 and we will schedule an appointment.
- Office visits: Monday through Friday 9am to 5pm.
- House calls: 24/7, please call for availability.
- There are extra fees for services after hours and on weekends or holidays.
Why do our patients choose My Doctor Medical Group?
- We will fight to make sure you get the best possible care in a timely fashion;
- We have the highest standard of professionalism, outstanding customer service, and a commitment to apply whatever effort is needed to get you back to good health;
- We understand the byzantine health care system, and are much more resourceful than most other places you might go for medical care;
- Our physicians have admitting privileges at California Pacific Medical Center and can admit you to the hospital if that is necessary;
- Read more about our Medical Director, Paul Abramson MD. He trained at Stanford and UCSF, and designed My Doctor Medical Group to provide the kind of care he wished were available to his own family and loved ones.
We are a fee-for-service practice and are ”out of network” for commercial insurance. You pay our fees at the time of service, and our biller can help submit insurance claims so your insurance company will reimburse you later according to the terms of your policy. Foreign travelers’ insurance and out-of-state insurance often reimburse our fees 80-100%. In-state PPO health insurance reimbursement depends on your policy, but is often between 40-90% reimbursement.
No insurance? No problem. Our fees are fair and transparent. We can also get you screaming deals on local lab testing and diagnostic imaging if you are paying out-of-pocket.
For more information about payment and our practice, see Frequently Asked Questions About Payment and Insurance.
Urgent care conditions we have evaluated and treated recently include:
- Influenza, flu, bronchitis
- Gastroenteritis, stomach flu
- Diarrhea, intestinal parasites
- Laceration, puncture wound
- Urinary tract infection, bladder infection, UTI
- Fever after international travel
- High blood pressure, blood pressure checks
- Sexually transmitted diseases, STD, STI
- Medication side effects
- Sinusitis, sinus infection
- Skin infection, cellulitis
- Vertigo, dizziness
- Tooth pain, dental pain
- Back pain, back spasm
- Drug withdrawal, alcohol withdrawal
- Ankle sprain
- Ear infection
- Animal bite
- Skin rash, dermatitis, eczema
- School physicals, sports physicals, employment physicals
Some emergency conditions are not appropriate for urgent care, and require a hospital emergency department:
- Suspected heart attack or stroke
- Sudden or extreme difficulty breathing
- Bleeding that will not stop or deep cuts
- Major burns
- Sudden and severe headache or abdominal pain
- Poisoning or suspected poisoning
If you are having one of these emergency medical conditions, please call 911 or go directly to the nearest emergency department. Then call us so we can help you get the best possible care and follow-up.