For Travel to China
Next-Day COVID-19 RT-PCR Test for Travel
to the People's Republic of China
RT-PCR nasopharyngeal swab + IgM Antibody on serum venous blood
-- compliant with all current Chinese Consulate requirements --
See below for more details
San Francisco and Berkeley
COVID PCR Testing for Travel to the People's Republic of China - PRC
My Doctor Medical Group is fully approved for testing by the Chinese Consulate
We are a physician-led medical group that gets it right the first time. We are in frequent communication with the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco to ensure clear communication and compliance with all travel requirements.
- RT-PCR technology (NAA) on a deep nasopharyngeal swab.
- IgM COVID-19 serum venous blood antibody test.
- Expedited service with results delivered by 17:00 PM PST the next day after collection
- Documentation compliant with all destination states and countries.
- Professional and responsive service.
Our travel COVID nasopharyngeal swab tests:
- RT-PCR (Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction)
- NAA Test a.k.a. NAAT (Nucleic Acid Amplification Test)
- Done with a deep nasopharyngeal swab by a licensed health professional
- Run by a lab certified by CLIA (CMS) and CDPH (California)
- Approved by all states and countries except Hawai'i.
- Report includes all information to comply with state/federal regulations and destination country requirements
Our travel COVID-19 IgM antibody tests:
- Performed using FDA Emergency Use Authorized (EUA) test kits on serum via a venous blood draw
- Report includes (per SF Chinese consulate specification) date and time of collection, type of test, patient name, date of birth and passport number, and name and contact information for the laboratory.
We Meet Timing and Assay Requirements. Most other outpatient testing currently has prolonged wait times for appointments and/or results (3-14 days) making the results useless. Or they use non-compliant rapid antigen (Abbott BinaxNOW), rapid molecular (Abbott ID Now) or LAMP technology (COLOR) that is not accepted by foreign governments.
We are focused on your safety. Our secure testing locations:
- Comply with all County and OSHA safety requirements
- Utilize only highly skilled licensed professionals for test collection.
- Click here for Frequently Asked Questions
Important Details of Result Timing
For travelers to China, results are delivered electronically to you via our secure online portal by 17:00 PM the next day. It's often earlier in the day but our lab guarantees by 5 PM. After you have booked your appointment, if you have specific timing requirements that aren't addressed by our intake forms, contact us, since we may have 9am delivery time for an extra fee.
Frequently Asked Questions
COVID-19 Testing Details
Types of Tests
- PCR to Find Current Infection. If you want to know if you may be currently infectious to others, even if you are not symptomatic, then the Nasopharyngeal Swab RT-PCR test is the most sensitive test currently available. This is also the test required for entry into other states and countries.It has the maximum sensitivity and specificity and is the "gold standard" against which other types of tests are compared.
- What about antibody testing? Antibody testing is generally not considered to be clinically useful. However as of November 6 the Chinese government will require IgM antibody testing in addition to RT-PCR nasopharyngeal swab testing for all travelers. The presence or absence of antibodies also cannot reliably predict immunity. But we will do this test for compliance with travel to China.
- What about rapid antigen or rapid molecular testing? Rapid antigen testing technology does not provide enough sensitivity to rely on when testing non-symptomatic people - it was not developed to diagnose asymptomatic infection and misses up to 30-50% of active cases. Thus it is generally not acceptable for important screening like travel, and all governments seem to understand this (except Hawai'i).
Location of Tests
- At our Secure Clinics at 450 Sutter, San Francisco and on Telegraph Ave in Berkeley:
- We comply with all City, County, OSHA and CDC guidelines and have had perfect scores on audits.
- Valet parking in the building, or less expensive parking at Sutter Stocktoon Garage 1/2 block away.
- Limited number of people on each elevator.
- Patient visits spaced out for optimal safety.
- Medical air filtration in testing area
- All surfaces cleaned with antimicrobials between each patient visit.
- Your safety is our first priority.
- Secure Clinic on Telegraph Ave in Berkeley
- Limited dates are now available. More dates being opened up on an ongoing basis, visible on our booking site.
- At Your Home.
- Our collection expert comes to you in full PPE and performs a collection in the safety of your own home.
- Safe and secure, but higher cost.
- Availability is limited. Please plan ahead.
- For scheduling, call us or reach out to us via our Contact Form
Fees at Our Clinic
- $240 for visit and swab collection.
- $125 lab fee for PCR testing with next-day results
- $175 blood collection and lab fee for blood IgM antibody testing with next day results (required for China)
- Custom travel documentation and certificates: $35/person extra (in addition to lab report) if needed for your destination. Read above under FAQ for details.
- Payment is due in full; your credit card will be charged on the day of service. 48 hour cancelation policy.
- Commercial PPO insurance may reimburse fees out of network in part or full to you later, depending on your policy.
Fees At Your Home
- $1150 for first person at a given site and time, $675 each additional person.
- Includes COVID-19 RT-PCR nasopharyngeal swab test and COVID-19 IgM antibody blood tests, with next-day results.
- Custom travel documentation and certificates: $35/person extra (in addition to lab report) if needed for your destination.
- Additional fees may apply:
- Travel time more than 15 minutes from our main office.
- Services outside of business hours and on weekends.
- Rush service.
CONTACT US to inquire about testing at home. Availability is limited.
My Doctor Medical Group Can be Your New Concierge Doctor
We are a unique concierge medical practice in San Francisco, providing excellence in private medical care, both primary care and sub-specialties. Additionally, we provide comprehensive care across outpatient, home and hospital settings. Our team includes two primary physicians, a cardiologist, physician assistants, registered nurses, psychotherapists, a dietitian, an acupuncturist, a practice manager and an amazing and accomplished group of Patient Care Coordinators who tie it all together.
Dr. Paul Abramson, our founder, has been an early innovator in COVID-19 testing, providing an evidence-based and legitimate option amidst a "wild west" of testing products and claims. Dr. Abramson also has two engineering degrees from Stanford, a medical degree from UCSF where he is now a Clinical Assistant Professor, and is double board certified in Family Medicine and Addiction Medicine. He completed a residential Fellowship in Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona (AzCIM) under Dr. Andrew Weil.
Dr. Deena Neff completed postgraduate medical training at UCSF, is board certified in Family Medicine and completed a Fellowship in Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona (AzCIM). She brings 30 years of experience to her practice of medicine and is deeply humanistic in her approach to the doctor-patient relationship.
My Doctor Medical Group is centrally located at the historic 450 Sutter building in downtown San Francisco.
Please Contact Us if you need a concierge medical doctor in San Francisco.
Paul Abramson MD