For Travel to China
Next-Day COVID-19 RT-PCR Test for Travel
to the People's Republic of China
RT-PCR nasopharyngeal swab + IgM Antibody on serum venous blood
-- compliant with all current Chinese Consulate requirements --
See below for more details
Downtown San Francisco
Mobile Services Throughout the Bay Area
My Doctor Medical Group is fully approved for testing by the Chinese Consulate
Expedited service: Next day by 17:00 PM PST
We recommend testing 2 days before your departure. Results will arrive to you next day by 17:00 PM PST
Priority service: Next day by 09:00 AM PST
We are a physician-led medical group that gets it right the first time. We are in frequent communication with the Chinese Consulate in San Francisco to ensure compliance with all travel requirements.
- RT-PCR technology (NAA) on a deep nasopharyngeal swab.
- IgM COVID-19 serum venous blood antibody test.
- For vaccinated travelers who test positive for IgM antibodies we will run the N-Protein IgM test ($75 extra). This is the protocol required by the Chinese Consulate.
- Expedited service with results delivered by 17:00 PM PST the next day after collection
- Priority service for results delivered by 09:00 AM PST the next day after collection ($35 extra, request after booking)
- Professional and responsive service.
Our travel COVID nasopharyngeal swab tests:
- RT-PCR (Reverse Transcriptase Polymerase Chain Reaction)
- NAA Test a.k.a. NAAT (Nucleic Acid Amplification Test)
- Done with a deep nasopharyngeal swab by a licensed health professional
- Run by a lab certified by CLIA (CMS) and CDPH (California)
- Report includes all information to comply with state/federal regulations and destination country requirements
Our travel COVID-19 IgM antibody tests:
- Performed using FDA Emergency Use Authorized (EUA) test kits on serum via a venous blood draw
- Specific N-Protein IgM test available for vaccinated travelers
- Report includes (per SF Chinese consulate specification) date and time of collection, type of test, patient name, date of birth and passport number, and name and contact information for the laboratory.
We Meet Timing and Assay Requirements. Most other outpatient testing currently cannot guarantee or produce timely results, making the results useless. Or they use non-compliant rapid antigen (Abbott BinaxNOW), rapid molecular (Abbott ID Now) or LAMP technology (COLOR) that is not accepted by foreign governments.
We are focused on your safety. Our secure testing locations:
- Comply with all County and OSHA safety requirements
- Utilize only highly skilled licensed professionals for test collection.
- Click here for Frequently Asked Questions
Important Details of Result Timing
For travelers to China, results are delivered electronically to you via our secure online portal by 17:00 PM the next day. It's often earlier in the day but our lab guarantees by 5 PM. We recommend testing two days before your flight so you get results the day before your flight. Priority service for results delivered by 09:00 AM PST the next day after collection ($35 extra, request after booking)
Frequently Asked Questions
COVID-19 Testing Details
Types of Tests
- PCR to Find Current Infection. If you want to know if you may be currently infectious to others, even if you are not symptomatic, then the Nasopharyngeal Swab RT-PCR test is the most sensitive test currently available. This is also the test required for entry into other states and countries.It has the maximum sensitivity and specificity and is the "gold standard" against which other types of tests are compared.
- What about antibody testing? Antibody testing is generally not considered to be clinically useful. However as of November 6 the Chinese government will require IgM antibody testing in addition to RT-PCR nasopharyngeal swab testing for all travelers. The presence or absence of antibodies also cannot reliably predict immunity. But we will do this test for compliance with travel to China. We do a special N-protein IgM test for travelers with proof of COVID-19 vaccination.
Location of Tests
- At our Secure Clinic at 450 Sutter, San Francisco:
- We comply with all City, County, OSHA and CDC guidelines and have had perfect scores on audits.
- Valet parking in the building, or less expensive parking at Sutter Stocktoon Garage 1/2 block away.
- Limited number of people on each elevator.
- Patient visits spaced out for optimal safety.
- Medical air filtration in testing area
- All surfaces cleaned with antimicrobials between each patient visit.
- Your safety is our first priority.
- Limited dates are now available. More dates being opened up on an ongoing basis, visible on our booking site.
- At Your Home.
- Our collection expert comes to you in full PPE and performs a collection in the safety of your own home.
- Safe and secure, but higher cost.
- Availability is limited. Please plan ahead.
- For scheduling, call us or reach out to us via our Contact Form
Fees at Our Clinic
- Base fee: $540, which includes:
- RT-PCR nasopharyngeal swab (collection and lab fee): $365.
- Serum IgM antibody test results. (required for China): $175
- Expedited delivery: Next-day by 17:00 PM PST.
- Add on: Priority results next-day by 09:00 AM PST: $35 extra
- Add on: For travelers who test positive for IgM antibody we will run a specific N-protein IgM test ($75 extra). This is the protocol required by the Chinese Consulate.
- Payment is due in full; your credit card will be charged on the day of service.
- Commercial PPO insurance may reimburse fees out of network in part or full to you later, depending on your policy.
Fees At Your Home
- $1150 for first person at a given site and time, $675 each additional person.
- Includes COVID-19 RT-PCR nasopharyngeal swab test and COVID-19 IgM antibody blood tests, with included priority next-day results next-day by 09:00 AM.
- Additional fees may apply:
- Travel time more than 15 minutes from our main office.
- Services outside of business hours and on weekends.
- Rush service.
CONTACT US to inquire about testing at home. Availability is limited.
My Doctor Medical Group Can be Your New Concierge Doctor
We are a unique concierge medical practice in San Francisco, providing excellence in private medical care, both primary care and sub-specialties. Additionally, we provide comprehensive care across outpatient, home and hospital settings. Our team includes two primary physicians, a cardiologist, physician assistants, registered nurses, psychotherapists, a dietitian, an acupuncturist, a practice manager and an amazing and accomplished group of Patient Care Coordinators who tie it all together.
Dr. Paul Abramson, our founder, has been an early innovator in COVID-19 testing, providing an evidence-based and legitimate option amidst a "wild west" of testing products and claims. Dr. Abramson also has two engineering degrees from Stanford, a medical degree from UCSF where he is now a Clinical Assistant Professor, and is double board certified in Family Medicine and Addiction Medicine. He completed a residential Fellowship in Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona (AzCIM) under Dr. Andrew Weil.
Dr. Deena Neff completed postgraduate medical training at UCSF, is board certified in Family Medicine and completed a Fellowship in Integrative Medicine at the University of Arizona (AzCIM). She brings 30 years of experience to her practice of medicine and is deeply humanistic in her approach to the doctor-patient relationship.
My Doctor Medical Group is centrally located at the historic 450 Sutter building in downtown San Francisco.
Please Contact Us if you need a concierge medical doctor in San Francisco.
Paul Abramson MD