Comprehensive Outpatient Addiction Treatment
(http://mydoctorsf NULL.wpengine NULL.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/sfdawn NULL.jpg)
Addiction is Serious. Talk to a doctor who cares and can help
If it’s urgent, we can call you back 24/7 (http://mydoctorsf NULL.com/contact-us NULL.html) and help you find the help you need.
Our Medical Director, Paul Abramson MD (http://mydoctorsf NULL.com/our-doctors NULL.html), is board certified in Addiction Medicine and takes an individualized approach to each situation. Dr. Abramson’s extensive clinical experience, coupled with his engineering background, meditation practice and life experience, allows him to take a focused, non-judgmental and effective to addiction treatment.
Alcohol and Drug Dependence is Treatable
We frequently treat the following addictions:
- Opiate and pain pill addiction: Click here for more information on Suboxone or Subutex treatment (http://mydoctorsf NULL.com/specialties/addiction-treatment/suboxone-treatment NULL.html);
- Alcohol addiction (alcoholism): Click here for more information on alcohol treatment (http://mydoctorsf NULL.com/alcohol-treatment-program NULL.html);
- Benzodiazepine addiction: Click here for more information on benzodiazepine addiction (http://mydoctorsf NULL.com/specialties/addiction-treatment/benzodiazepine-addiction-treatment NULL.html);
- Prescription stimulant addiction;
- Cocaine addiction.
(Other addictions are usually treatable as well)
Integrative Substance Abuse Treatment
We offer a comprehensive and intensive approach to drug abuse treatment that can include a combination of
- medical care, diagnostic testing and medications;
- psychotherapy (http://mydoctorsf NULL.com/psychotherapy NULL.html);
- integrative and functional medicine testing and treatment;
- group support;
- medical nutrition therapy (http://mydoctorsf NULL.com/denise-garbinski-rd-mba NULL.html);
- acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine (http://mydoctorsf NULL.com/specialties/acupuncture NULL.html);
- self tracking and Quant Coaching (http://mydoctorsf NULL.com/lauren-dedecker-cpt-quant-coach NULL.html);
- animal-assisted therapy (AAT);
- case management;
- vocational counseling.
We can mobilize any needed resources based on an individual’s unique needs after our comprehensive initial evaluation, and are expert at keeping people independent and “outpatient” who are otherwise facing going to a facility, residential drug treatment center or other institutional setting.
We frequently meet with families in crisis. If you are trying to help a loved one with an addiction problem, we can meet and consult with you first, to make sure you help in the most effective and appropriate way. Click here for family intervention information (http://mydoctorsf NULL.com/contact-us NULL.html).
Suboxone treatment for opioid addiction
For those with addiction to opiate drugs or pain medications, we are experts in the use of buprenorphine substitution therapy, also known under the brand names Suboxone and Subutex, for addiction treatment, pain management or both.
Medical management of alcoholism or benzodiazepine addiction
Often pharmacologic assistance is helpful to maintain abstinence during and after alcohol or benzodiazepine detoxification. We tailor treatment to each individual, based on the latest methods and research. Naltrexone, baclofen, disulfiram, topiramate and other medications are each useful for certain situations. We are familiar with the Ashton Method. Medical treatment and psychotherapy are both typically part of our team-based treatment of these conditions.
Professional Substance Abuse Evaluations
Substance Abuse Evaluation is often mandated by the California Bar, the Medical Board of California, the Board of Registered Nursing, the Emergency Medical Services Authority, the Federal Aviation Administrations, hospital medical staff review committees, and other agencies. We perform professionally-mandated assessments utilizing a team of medical doctors board-certified in Addiction Medicine, psychotherapists specializing in substance abuse evaluation, and other professionals as needed. Our evaluation services are comprehensive, fair and timely. Our expertise can help guide you through the process.
Need More Information About Our Addiction Treatment Program?
Our full range of addiction treatment services is available during regular business hours. For urgent situations after hours or on weekends, please call us and use the option to page the doctor on call. Depending on the situation, a team may be able to be mobilized for urgent after hours situations, or we can help you figure out the appropriate next steps.
To Schedule an Appointment or for More Information
Call us today on (415) 963-4431 or send us an email enquiry. (http://mydoctorsf NULL.com/contact-us NULL.html)